Established Leaders in Construction
The Cardi Companies are among the leading construction companies in New England. We are proud of our long history of providing quality construction services and materials since 1905. From their headquarters in Warwick, Rhode Island, the Cardi Companies provide a wide array of construction products and services, ranging from the construction of new bridges, ramps and roads to conventional, commercial site- work and paving, including the supply of asphalt, concrete and aggregates for placement by Cardi or by others.
In 1933, Antonio passed away and Americo assumed all management responsibilities at the family construction company. In 1938, he joined forces with Santi Campanella, forming Campanella and Cardi, a firm which grew to be one of the largest and most respected road, bridge, and airport construction companies in New England, and a regional top 10 heavy civil construction company. Americo continued his work at Campanella and Cardi until 1968.
Today's Cardi Corporation
Americo’s son - today’s Antonio B. “Tony” Cardi - likewise grew up in the construction industry. Tony began work on an asphalt crew at Campanella and Cardi at the age of 14 and continued his work in construction during summers while studying Economics and Accounting at Providence College and earning a civil engineering degree in 1959 from Manhattan College. He began working full time at Campanella and Cardi in 1959 and served as a Vice President of the company from 1960 to 1967. In 1967, Tony left Campanella and Cardi and founded today’s Cardi Corporation with his brother Stephen A. Cardi, Sr.
Stephen A. Cardi, Sr., like his brother and his father, also grew up in the construction industry, working on construction projects from a young age continuing that work during summer while studying at Fordham University and earning a law degree at the University of Virginia. After briefly practicing law in Providence, Steve joined Cardi Corporation full time in 1969.
Under the leadership of Tony and Steve Cardi, Cardi Corporation has grown from a small family business to a sophisticated group of enterprises providing a wide array of construction products and services throughout New England.
In 1984, Stephen A. Cardi, II - Tony Cardi’s son - entered the business as a 4th generation construction professional. Like the rest of the family, Stephen worked in construction from an early age. He is now the Chief Operating Officer for Cardi Corporation and is leading the Cardi Companies as they continue to grow and provide construction products and services for public and private projects throughout New England, including highways, bridges, roads, and airports.
The business operations and capabilities of the Cardi Companies include the following:
- Highway and Heavy Construction
- Bridge Construction and Repair
- Asphalt Paving and Concrete Placement
- Asphalt Supply
- Ready-Mix Concrete
- Aggregate Supply
- Equipment Rental
The Cardi Companies have performed construction, supply and site work for thousands of construction projects of varying size, complexity and description, including both public and private work, and including roads, highways, bridges, tunnels, airports, schools, landfills, commercial facilities, casinos and other government infrastructure and residential, retail and parking structures. Through strictly enforced quality control standards, the Cardi Companies have established a reputation for timely and successful completion of such projects. The Cardi Companies have the required skill, expertise and dedication to perform all such work and to provide the quality workmanship and client satisfaction, and developing long lasting relationships with all of our clients.
Experts in Materials Processing
Cardi has achieved an enviable position throughout the Northeast based on the quality of our material production. State-of-the-art facilities provide materials used for all types of construction jobs.
These state and federally certified plants have become nationally recognized for their safe and efficient methods of operation:
- Two (2) 12 yard central mix and a batching concrete plant capable of supplying product for commercial, industrial and residential projects.
- A drum mix asphalt plant capable of producing a wide range of quality bituminous products.
- Two (2) modern aggregate processing plants which manufacture sand and stone products in a variety of consistent gradations and sizes.
- An asphalt recycling facility equipped to reprocess used asphalt products for new applications.
Resume Section Below
Antonio B. Cardi
President of Cardi Corporation - 1967-Present
- Executive Responsibility for Construction and Materials Production
- Pres. of the Construction Industries of Rhode Island - 1963-1968 and 1973-1977
- Trustee of various Construction Industry Benefit Trust Funds
Stephen A. Cardi II
Executive Vice Pres./COO
- National Board of Directors for American Road & Transportation Builders Association
- National Board of Directions, National Asphalt Pavement Association
- Current President of Construction Industries of RI
Stephen A. Cardi
Treasurer of Cardi Corporation and Affiliates
- President of the Rhode Island Chapter of Associated General Contractors of America
- Member of the Bar of the State of Rhode Island since 1966
For more information and a cost estimate from any of our companies, please contact us at: (401) 739-8300 or FAX (401) 732-0006.